This is going to be an interesting ride...

I've moved my blog over to Tumblr.

I can now be found over at my new MeshBoats site.
If you have bookmarks, please update them, as any new content will be at Tumblr. Most of my posts will still be duplicated here, but check on the Tumblr, just to be safe.

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Friggin' Cubes...

I was solving my 4x4x4 cube when *crash!* damn thing just flew apart! 6 pieces, all over the dining room. Now, I know what some of you might be thinking: “What’s the big deal with six pieces falling off, if the other 50 pieces are still intact?” Then there are the few of you thinking: “Crap d00d, have fun with that.” Here’s the thing: When you are MID-SOLVE on a cube, and pieces fall off (even just one or two, if you aren’t sure of their orientation at the time), you pretty much HAVE to take the entire thing apart and put it back together in solved state. This turned it into a completely different type of puzzle I wasn’t prepared for. *insert stimming here* I’ve never dismantled a 4x4x4 before, and I do not wish to have to do it again. I’ll admit, it’s a beautifully brilliant contraption, right down to it’s spherical core, but DAMN! Getting those pieces back in right was tougher than just solving the stupid thing! I’ll have to be much more careful in the future. But for now… I believe Devil May Cry 4 is calling my name.






via Tumblr http://meshboats.tumblr.com/post/41244119736

No comments:

Post a Comment