This is going to be an interesting ride...

I've moved my blog over to Tumblr.

I can now be found over at my new MeshBoats site.
If you have bookmarks, please update them, as any new content will be at Tumblr. Most of my posts will still be duplicated here, but check on the Tumblr, just to be safe.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

I Hate this Woman Right Now


I’m sorry, but this is the kind of sh!t that really pisses me right f*ck off. Really, Oprah? A growing epidemic?? Autism isn’t a DISEASE. Disorder, maybe. Difference, definitely. But NOT a disease. And you can’t CURE it. It’s not a virus, bacteria, or cancer. This is exactly the kind of crap I expect to hear from Autism Speaks, whose belief that autism is some sort of epidemic that needs to be somehow “stamped out” frankly sickens me. It’s not a friggin’ plague, people, it’s a difference in brain wiring! Yes, some have it worse than others, and it can most certainly be a challenge, but that does NOT make it something to try and CURE. Cure AIDS. Cure cancer. People DIE from that sh!t. No one dies from a bad case of autism! In fact, some don’t even want to think about what it must be like to NOT be autistic. Some of these NT’s (NeuroTypicals, meaning people who have no neurological “differences”) really need to get over themselves and realize that those of us who are atypical aren’t necessarily AFFLICTED. It is what it is, and we are who we are. Some struggle more than others, and some (like myself) end up doing alright. No one’s trying to cure ADD or learning/processing disorders or sensory defensiveness, etc. They are only trying to maybe treat some of the more bothersome symptoms, or simply work around it, so they can get along in a world built by/for NT’s. They just want to be treated the same. INCLUSION. Not tolerance. Acceptance. Same goes for autistics. People just don’t get it, and that’s what gets me fired up. I haven’t even watched the video, and I’m not going to, because that’s just feeding into it. And I’m appalled that the Autism Awareness page even posted it. I could go on about this, but I’ve probably said enough. For now. Just don’t get me started again, Oprah. *facepalm*






via Tumblr http://meshboats.tumblr.com/post/45906673480

No comments:

Post a Comment