This is going to be an interesting ride...

I've moved my blog over to Tumblr.

I can now be found over at my new MeshBoats site.
If you have bookmarks, please update them, as any new content will be at Tumblr. Most of my posts will still be duplicated here, but check on the Tumblr, just to be safe.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not Always Right - 100% Chance Of Disaster

100% Chance Of Disaster

| WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND | TECH SUPPORT


(I answer calls for technical support within the company.)


Caller: “My computer is a fire risk.”
Me: “What makes you say that?”
Caller: “It gets hot. There are papers near it.”
Me: “If you’re worried about it, you can move the papers away.”
Caller: “I am moving the papers, but you must send someone to look at it.”
Me: “Computers usually get warm–”
Caller: “You don’t understand. My computer is a fire risk!”
Me: “Okay, I’ll log a job and get someone to look at it.”
Caller: “When? It is very urgent. I need someone to come now.”
(I log the job and ring the technician to explain that the customer is very keen to have someone come as soon as possible. The next day, he rings me back to tell me what happened.)
Technician: “You know that computer that was a fire risk?”
Me: “Yes?”
Technician: “She meant it was on fire.”

source:
Not Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes » 100% Chance Of Disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment