This is going to be an interesting ride...

I've moved my blog over to Tumblr.

I can now be found over at my new MeshBoats site.
If you have bookmarks, please update them, as any new content will be at Tumblr. Most of my posts will still be duplicated here, but check on the Tumblr, just to be safe.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Sing-Off Week 4

This week's show was pretty good, with another of my favorite groups performing well, although not quite well enough. But I'll start at the beginning.

As I said in the previous post, the groups were doing their versions of current hits and 60's classics. This week was the second group of six. Pentatonix, in my opinion, did a fun rendition of Kesha's "Your Love is My Drug." Throwing a male lead in there was a great choice and really switched things up in a good way. But nevermind that. The beginning of the arrangement was somewhat plain. Two-thirds of the way through, they completely remix themselves and flip it into a dubstep version, with pseudo-electronic effects and everything!



What?!? Yeah, vocal dubstep. Killer. (For those of you who don't know what dubstep is, go here and go to 1:28.)

Sonos brought out Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" and made it sound so smooth. They didn't have a bass voice for this tune, but it sounded so nice and intimate that way. I don't feel like it was missing anything.


The Collective slammed out Far East Movement's "Rocketeer" and check out the lead girl singing with laryngitis! Power through, much?? Impressive.


The second half, of course, was the 60's tunes. The only one I'm going to bring up is Sonos. They are the ones who, sadly, got eliminated this week. The competition will now miss an extremely innovative group, because... well, just LOOK!



I heard a different version they had done awhile back, where they had a male lead, and it was just as smooth. It's a shame, but they already have a career going, so I'm not terribly concerned for them. But still. I wanted to see what else they would do. *sad face*

So that's it for this week. I'm off to dream some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment