This is going to be an interesting ride...

I've moved my blog over to Tumblr.

I can now be found over at my new MeshBoats site.
If you have bookmarks, please update them, as any new content will be at Tumblr. Most of my posts will still be duplicated here, but check on the Tumblr, just to be safe.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Sing-Off Week 5

This week the groups did "guilty pleasure" performances. I won't post as many vids as I did last week. I realize that was overkill. ;) The first half, I feel, was dominated by The Collective. I'm not a huge fan of the song they picked, but I absolutely loved their arrangement. The two leads blended so well together, which is difficult when both singers have such power. But they did so so well! I loved it.


I wasn't surprised North Shore went home this week, because they just aren't up to par in this competition, as classic and good as they are. One of my other favorites, Afro-Blue, really slammed the second half into gear.


I really enjoyed their arrangement, and those frikkin' jazz chords and arpeggios they throw in just make me melt! My love of both techno and extremely precise vocals makes me love Pentatonix in a big way. They amaze me with their "remixes" every time.


Urban Method performed Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison" and I thought it was great fun. I won't post the vid, but just take my word for it. They're great. Oh, and one honorable mention. The YellowJackets, while not my favorites, are always entertaining. This week was no different, when they did a rather energetic "Wannabe." (Spice Girls) It was very, very amusing. The Deltones were the ones to be cut during this half. Honestly, that doesn't bother me because, by the end of the show, I had already forgotten what it was they had sung. Don't get me wrong, they were good. But they are one group that I have consistently found to be forgettable. Another good night on the Sing-Off stage.

Back next week with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment